For festival delegates, there are four groups of arrival dates: 11 July is the cut-off date for arrival. Accommodation and registration cannot be guaranteed for those arriving later.
- Delegates: 11 July
- Delegates participating in music, drama, exhibition or as speakers: 8 July
- Delegates responsible for coordinating any component of the festival and all volunteers: 6 July
- Delegates with leadership responsibility: 5 July
The following is a guideline for departure dates.
- Delegates: After 15 July. Those intending to stay for Guru Purnima can remain in the Ashram.
- Delegates and volunteers involved in the exhibition, service programmes in the Ashram and international bhajan team: After 19 July
- Delegates with leadership responsibility: After 19 July
Delegates with children
Are you a parent wanting to bring along your children to the festival? A great choice indeed! Children will have an extraordinary fun time at the festival! The Prasanthi Explorer Programme (PEP) is a half-day schedule that immerses your children in the magic and wonders of Prasanthi Nilayam.
PEP is designed to engage them with tours to major landmarks, live a day as a Sai school student, discover the magical stories of Swami’s legacy, enjoy culturally diverse workshops and many surprises. PEP is suitable for children of all ages, with suitable activities in two categories: (i) above 6 years old and (ii) up to 5 years old.
So, create magical family memories this July and register your whole family for the Sathya Sai World Youth Festival.
Delegates with special requirements
The organizing committee will endeavour to accommodate delegates with special requirements. If you have special requirements, please describe the requirements precisely in the registration website. You could also contact Deluxmi Logendran.
Travelling to Prasanthi Nilayam
The following are some of the requirements for travelling to Prasanthi Nilayam from overseas.
- Valid Passport and Visa
- Return Ticket (Non-Indian Passport Holders)
- 2 Passport Sized Photos for accommodation
- White Shirts and Long Trousers for boys; Sarees/ Punjabi Suits for girls
- Regular Medication
It is recommended that you speak to your doctor regarding any vaccinations you may require or any special medication you are required to travel with.
The weather in Prasanthi Nilayam in July is hot with temperature averaging 31 deg C (88 deg F) most days. There will be moderate chances of rain.
Translation will be provided for delegates speaking Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. Please inform the Registration Team if you cannot communicate in English and require translation in a language not stated above.
Participate in the Festival
There will be many opportunities for you to participate in the festival. There are two ways of getting involved.
- Through events, your country or zone is participating in. For this, contact your National Youth Leader or the Zone Youth Coordinator. If you do not know who to contact, please email us stating the country you are from and your preferred contact details.
- Through leads of various teams that have been set-up for the festival. Please use the contact page to get in touch with the various team leads and to become part of the festival. It will be a good idea to register for one team only.